Every year Write Stuff holds a flash contest.
Entries consist of poetry, fiction and nonfiction. You may enter up to
one submission in each category. Here are the rules of play:
- Total length is 100 words or less, not counting the
- Use an easy-to-read font, 14 points or larger, and
print your story on plain bond paper.
- Lightly print your name and category on the back --
but not the front.
- Only one entry per category.
- Entrant must attend the conference, but does not
have to be present at the announcement of winners near the end of
the conference. However, winnings may include certificate for book
fair purchase that must be used at the conference.
- Turn in your entry no later than 8:30 am Saturday
morning. Entries are accepted on Friday prior to the conference.
- Only Flash officials may display entries on the
boards and assign a number for voting purposes. All others will be
- At a break in the conference, go to the display
boards and write down your votes by corresponding number in each
- Drop your ballot in the box provided. Only
conference attendees may vote on submissions.
- At 2:30 pm all voting will end, and ballots will be
will be broken by a committee of conference officials.
a look at last year's winners!